A good way to check for inconsistencies, and unusual tags in MP3Tag:
select all the files in the album, and press Alt-T to get the list of
tags.  Check that the 'Album' and 'Artist' tags aren't shown as
something like "<keep>" (which indicates that they aren't all the
same) - it should be the actual album or artist,  Also check that
there aren't any unusual tags.

Finally, check that there aren't multiple tag versions in the files:
1. Right-click the column headers, select 'customize'
2. Click on the new tag button, and put in:
Name: Tags (or whatever you want)
Value: %_tag%
Field: %_tag%
Sort by: (leave blank)
You should get only one tag type in that column, for your files (e.g.
"ID3v2.3").

Cheers
Geoff

On 8/7/06, oriordan