Sanity check requested please!

I’m in the process of finalizing the structured cabling for a new
house that we expect to move in to late Q1 next year.

One of the things I’m wrestling with is how to integrate multiple
SB3s into the system. I’ve pretty much decided to go with Cat 5e/6
cabling throughout, including all video and audio streams.

For each SB, I am contemplating contructing a shoebox-sized enclosure
that will be set into the wall. Coming into the rear will be two Cat 5e
cables plus a power feed. One of the Cat5e cables will c onnect to the
SS machine, the other will carry the audio back to the matrix switch,
and hence via an amp to the speakers.

The two items I’m having trouble finding a solution for:

(a)     Ideally I would like to dispense with the wall wart and a 110V feed
in place of a dc feed from the wiring closet. I’d like to know if
anyone has done anything similar and can share advice/experience on
that.

(b)     Second, I’d like to use the digital output from the SB, and
connect via an audio balun to a digital amp in the wiring closet.
However I’ve been unable to locate reasonably priced amps with
digital input, of which I’ll need at least five probably six. Can
anyone provide suggestions on this as well? Something like the 'Flying
Mole Cascade'
(http://www.flyingmoleelectronics.com/products/cascadeseries.html)
modular power amp system would be an ideal solution but it only takes
analog inputs.

Thanks in advance.

--
FPP