sbn Wrote:
> Okay? This means that the SB streams it's radio and RSS feeds throug the
> local PC with the slimserver?

Yes. If you use slimserver then it acts as a proxy for streaming radio,
so as long as the server can see the outside world it'll work fine. Up
until recently my SBs were on a seperate subnet with no internet access
at all and radio worked perfectly.

> Then i have no problem at all :-)

Excellent :)

> Am I right if I've got the impression of the SB as a rather "dumb"
> devices, just serving the demands of slimserver?
Slim = Dumb :)  So yes, it is a very dumb device. All Squeezenetwork is
is a big slimserver in the sky that allows some functionality without
having to run a local server (which a lot of people don't want to do).
When using SN then the SB will stream directly to itself, but when
using SS it will connect through that.

--
radish