On 8/10/06, 95bcwh wrote:

All,
Not sure if this has been asked before, I wonder if there's a way to
get some kind of "reports" or catalogue out of slimserver software? I
have thousands of album on my hard drive and I want to generate a
report sorting each album by its name, or by its artist.

Is there a way of doing this?

A different, maybe simpler approach (if you're running Windows) would
be to install MP3Tag - that has the capability to output reports on
your music library.  It ouputs directly from your filesystem, instead
of your DB, so you have to add a time allowance for it to scan.

I use MP3Tag all the time, but I haven't tried the export
functionality.  It works great from what I can see, though, and the
export layouts are also user-contributed, for example:
http://www.anytag.de/forums/index.php?showtopic=2650

Geoff