geoffb Wrote:
> A couple of things to check:
>
> - Is there a chance you have inadvertantly used an artist separator in
> the artist name?  This is the character or characters set under Server
> Settings -> Behavior -> Multiple Items In Tags.

in SS, that field is blank.

in my tags themselves, i don't see anything different in the artist
field.  but i am only using winamp to view the tag, perhaps i need to
try something else.

maybe its the "album artist" tag...  but for some CDs, i don't see how
it would be that many artists either.

geoffb Wrote:
> - Is there a chance you have multiple artist tags on one or more of the
> files?  I'm not sure the best way to check this, but I *think* if you
> use MP3Tag to check the file's tags then multiple artist tags show up
> as artist1//artist2

i guess i need to DL that.

geoffb Wrote:
> -Maybe there are other tags complicating things?  I'm not sure how SS
> responds to Contributing Artist, for example.  MP3Tag will show you all
> tags on a file if you select it then press Alt-T.

could be.  its def weird.

geoffb Wrote:
> - The obvious clear and full-rescan
>
> I don't see this behavior on 6.5, but I never checked on 6.3 so it's
> possible it just doesn't occur in my library.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff

here's whats really weird...

i *think* the "grand totals" are correct, its only when i go into an
album, i get the 10 tracks, by 12 artisits thing...  but i might be
wrong, my grand totals might be wrong.

however, winamp and SS are VERY CLOSE to agreeing on artists, tracks,
and album totals.  could be they agree b/c the totals are right, and SS
just has some weird issue when going into albums, OR it could be its
affecting them both similarly.

i'll do another clear and rescan, but i do them pretty frequently.
thx.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.3.1 - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram