Quoting Falcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Obviously this is some kind of conflict on the IR codes, but I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do about it.  Is there any way to
choose a different set of codes for the Squeeze remote?

I had a similar problem with a crappy chinese brand player. I ended up just getting a newer $75 player from Toshiba instead.

You have a choice of JVC DVD or Slim Devices codes in the player settings. If you disable the Slim Devices remote, then you'll need a universal remote set to use a JVC DVD codeset. The hold brightness firmware update will still work, as those IR codes are embedded in the firmware.

-kdf