Quoting Mark Lanctot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

agbagb Wrote:
I have the FLAC Input plug-in enable in Winamp;  and so Winamp will play
FLAC files as FLAC direct from my hard-drive.  But I seem only able to
stream from Slimserver to Winamp in on-the-fly converted MP3.  That's
no big deal at all - but should a Winamp with the PLAC plug-in be able
to pull FLAC as FLAC from Slimserver? [I appreaciate that, even if it
could, bandwith / bitrate will be a horrible issue].

No, stream playing from SlimServer to any client other than a
Squeezebox or Softsqueeze is always in MP3.  It will always convert.

Also I'm not 100% sure FLAC can be streamed.

From slimserver, it cannot. The stream url is stream.mp3 for a reason. When the server sees a connection over http using that url, it creates an "http-type" client. This client is flagged as only supporting MP3. Perhaps soemtime in the future that may change. There are a couple of enhancements filed to have that, but as you can imagine, it isn't the top priority.
-kdf