Heuer Wrote:
> The Devolo High Speed 85Mbit work superbly. I have four of them and I
> can stream video from the security cameras, listen to SB and transfer
> data between two TiVo's at the same time. Each device runs at between
> 50 and 70 Mbit (about 3 times the real speed of 54g) and they are so
> simple to setup. Don't bother with the 14Mbit versions - go for the
> high speed ones at about the ame price from Amazon.
Here the Devolo 14MBps are less than half the price of the faster
Devolo, and a third of Netgear 85MBit (and a fourth of Netgear
200MBps). I've read that the actual throughput of the 14MBps version is
around 2MBps - that should still be enough I think?

However, I also recall something about the older models had problems
because they only worked within the same phase so it depended on the
wiring in your house if the plugs would connect? Is this true still for
the 14MBps version, or was that pre-Homeplug 1.0?

Can one buy two sets of adapters and send form one and recieve from
three, or do they only work in pairs?

The four ethernet connections in my router are all used (two computers,
one printer and one NAS). Is it just to buy another switch and cascade
them, so I move the printer and add the Homeplug to the new switch?
(I've worked with computer in so many years, but not all has stuck...)

--
tommypeters

SB3-->Meridian G68-->NuForce Ref8-->Bc Acoustique ACT A3