My HTPC has 3 NiC, two onboard, one of which that I use to connect to my
LAN, the other is disabled, and a PCi Wi-Fi NiC that I use to connect
wirelessly to my SB3 thru an ad-hoc connection.

The problem arises when at least two NiC are active, if I enable my
onboard LAN NiC for internet and network access and then enable either
one of the others the slimserver fails to find the SB3, but if I
disable my LAN NiC and then use either one of the others to connect to
the SB3 it works.

It seems to me that with two open network connections the slimserver
doesnt know were to listen.

I know that if I connected the SB3 to my switch or had a wireless
gateway it would be much easyer, but those options are not available
right now.

so in a nut shell, I need to make slimserver listen on the PCi Wi-Fi
NiC iP, even though there is another ethernet connection active, and be
able to route the internet access requests the SB3 makes to the proper
place.

--
sorenson