Michaelwagner;131739 Wrote:
> One wonders about the wisdom of actually embedding artwork, though.
>
> For most (non-streaming) uses, embedding artwork in the track doesn't
> make a whole lot of sense.
>
> Artwork is relatively large (compared to other tags).It's usually the
> same for all the tracks from a single "album", so replicating it a
> dozen times is a waste of space.
>
> A single file for artwork shared amongst all the tracks in an album is
> a "smarter" architecture.
>
> Even if one wanted an explicit artwork tag, it could be a relative file
> name for the artwork file in the same directory.

Depends on if artwork is important to you or not. To me it is - not the
most important thing of course, i do really like having it. It makes
using things like slimserver more of a pleasure too.

I don't think adding 20k to an already 30Mb file is a big deal either.

Where i would really like it is when i rip to an Image and CUE sheet.
The whole lot in one neat package.

--
dangerous_dom

*SlimServer Version:* 6.5b1 - 9182 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.
*Amp:* Cambridge Audio 640a (living room) / Demon MD30 (Bedroom).
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom).
*Remote:* T-Mobile MDA Vario / Sony PSP / Cambridge Audio Explorer
(IR).
*Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze.