It's easy to *tell* the SBs to sync, but it seems that sync'ing
performance is highly variable. Some report it does fine, others report
lousy results, and some (like me) report both. It depends on a lot of
factors, and in my case I suspect that the problems have more to do
with my home network than it is my SBs or slimserver. But I haven't
completely ruled out the SBs or slimserver yet, or for that matter, the
phase of the moon .....

Having wired connections and using one of SBs native formats certainly
increases your odds of being able to sync okay. But even in perfect
conditions, you're not likely to get gapless and sync'ing with the
current software and hardware. That's because the streams tend to
diverge, and slimserver re-syncs at track changes. For the same reason,
forget about sync'ing internet radio.

--
aubuti