I had a similar problem (only I'm on 6.5) and I found that if I went
through the SB interface Plugins > Audioscrobbler > Submit Now
everything in the text file was submitted. After a few iteration
setting automatic submit (through the plugins page of the webUI) to
off, restarting the slimserver and setting it back to on, everything
started to behave again. Not very scientific I know. By the way, before
restarting the slimserver, do the manual submit otherwise you'll lose
everything in the text file. That way at least you'll post whatever was
collected since the last restart.

Good luck!

--
smc2911