Hi ,

I ran few experiments,

I ran slimserver 6.3.1 and slimserver beta version 6.5.1. With 6.3.1
Slim Server and softsqueeze I was not able to play following .wav
files.
1. 44.1 khz 16 bit mono.
2. 22/11 khz 16 bit mono/stereo.
But with the slim server beta version 6.5.1, I was asked to upgrade the
softsqueeze. I upgraded softsqueeze (version 2.8) to be compatible with
6.5.1. I was able to play 44.1 khz 16bit mono, 22/11 khz 16 bit
mono/stereo. it is playing the really fast and it is not really audible
i.e. as if it is fast forwarded.

Now I have one question, with squeeze box v3 all the above files are
played and played properly. The version of slim server used for this
experiment (i.e. play with squeeze box v3) is 6.2.2.

Why is softsqueeze not able to play those files whereas squeeze box v3
is able to able to play it ?

venumaj