I use my Palm in a wireless environment and I like the way it works.  I
will say though, if the squeezebox remote is sitting next to my Palm, I
will pick up the squeezebox remote and use that.

The advantage to the Palm comes from being out of the area of the
squeezebox player, such as outdoors (using wireless speakers) where the
wait for a connection is not as burdensome as sitting in your living
room looking at squeezebox, going through the WiFi login to adjust
volume or change tracks.  If you have visual (IR) control with the
dedicated remote provided by squeezebox it's certainly faster.  But if
I'm in my garage or on the patio and being able to control with Palm is
a nice feature.

--
deserttaxguy