Uwe1966;132501 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i installed on my WinXP-System the ODBC Drivers for SQLite from
> http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/  version 0.70
>
> I have a problem joining tables because of different fieldtypes in the
> joinded fields of the tables.
> In table "album" is a field "contributor" which is to join to table
> "contributors" field "id". These fields have different types and can
> not be joined with ms-access ot crystal-reports.
>
> Does somebody have an idea what to to?
>
> regards,
> Uwe

I am not sure of the usefullness of the field "contributor" in the
album table. You see there can be multiple contributors attached to an
album so the only reliable way of joining album to contributor is to
use the contributor_album table. You will find that the "contributor"
field here is of the same type as the "id" in the contributor table.
Also the album field identifies the "id" in the album table. It only
remains to check that the "role" field is "1" if looking for artist and
you can set up a query using the contributor_album and the contributors
tables to return all contributors for a given album or visa-versa.
You can do the same for Tracks by using the contributor_track table and
if you wish to search for composer set the "role" to "2".

It sounds messy but once you get down to trying it, it's not that
difficult.

Hope that makes sense.

--
MrStan