kdf;132602 Wrote:
> On 31-Aug-06, at 12:02 PM, TiredLegs wrote:
> > Not sure if this is a Slimserver or plug-in request, but I want the
> ability to have the random mix
> >pick albums for me among just Rock or Jazz selections.
>
> This should already be possible.  The random mix web page allows you to
> select genres to include or exclude Then you can start a random album
> mix, which should only run from the genres that are checked as
> included.
> -kdf
Except all the music files on my Slimserver are WAVs. (Compressed files
are strictly for portable devices IMHO.) Since WAVs don't have any kind
of genre tag, I'm thinking that I would need to create two separate
folders within the library, to split the genres apart. Unless there's
some other way I haven't thought of.

--
TiredLegs