MikeWynneDub;133536 Wrote:
> Hwhat do I connect the Squeezebox to? - The router or the laptop (with a
> cros-over ethernet?).

I recommend connecting your SB to the router, assuming it has a spare
wired port.

Just one thing springs to mind now: am I right in thinking that your
original setup has both the laptop and the SB on the wireless LAN to
the router?  If so, that might partly explain the problems - you are
putting a lot of traffic on your WLAN, and if its suffering at all from
interference then you will have this sort of problem.

So another experiment would be to wire the laptop to the router, and
have the SB wireless.

One more possible thing to look at: I'm curious about why higher rate
MP3s are playing fine, while lower rate AACs are not.  I'm wondering
whether this is because the SB can't play AACs natively: they must be
transcoded by the server to something else, like MP3 or FLAC.  Have a
look at server settings/filetypes, perhaps your AACs are being
transcoded to something high rate like FLAC or WAV?

HTH
Ceejay

--
ceejay