jeffluckett wrote:
> If you were to do a "fresh install" of Win2k3 server on a box dedicated
> to host only slimserver and MusicIP, how would you tweak it?  It will
> also do some side-duty as a general purpose file-server...
>
> Also ... if you'd prefer to not use Win2k3, what other OS would you use
> and why. (note ... I'm a Linux Dolt, but willing to learn ... so keep
> that in mind)
>
> Machine Specs:
> PIII - 800Mhz with 256Meg
>
> (I'm speccing 2K3 because I actually have a legal copy from my MSDN
> subscription, and that's actually what's currently installed on that
> machine).

I'm not sure what MusicIP requirements are. If that requires Windows
then ignore most of the following.

Personally, I'd use Linux.

Why? Experience has shown that slimserver runs better under Linux.

I'm relatively experienced with it, but other new users seem to manage
to get a Linux installation up and running and to install slimserver.

Why not give it a go? It's free! You can always fall back to 2K3 if
necessary.

R.