On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:45:47AM -0700, aubuti wrote:
> I would think the simplest solution would be for them to run their own
> instance of slimserver (presumably on the same computer that is running
> SoftSqueeze), and point it at your networked music library. That could
> run into throughput issues, but might be worth a try.

this puts the bottleneck in the worst possible place. take the webserver
and password protect it or firewall it or bind the webserver to localhost.

> Question: If you password protect slimserver, can the neighbors still
> try to use SoftSqueeze to sync with the SB? If so, that could cause
> problems, as sometimes slimserver fumbles at the beginning of tracks
> when sync'ing players.

i can't remember if sync'ing softsqueeze w/ hardware players just works
poorly or isn't allowed at all. regardless, if this happens too often,
just shut them down.

-- bill