kdf;136243 Wrote:
> Also highly theoretical.  Battery life isn't linear.  Draw a
> consistently higher current you may find that it lasts less than the
> stated Ah.  There can sometimes be sweet-spots, plus the voltage drops
>
> over time.  This can mean the device drops off before the battery is
> used up, or the device draws more than the usual curent and runs the
> battery down even faster.

Hmm, good point.  It would be nice to keep the VFD but as GoCubs Greg
and wikipedia mentions, a high-intensity OLED might be in order.

The data did originally come from Duracell - I'm sure they wanted to be
as optimistic as scientifically possible.  ;-)

Also wireless cards suck a lot of power as well - otherwise my laptop
wouldn't have so many darn settings to keep it at low power or powered
down entirely.

--
Mark Lanctot