stuorguk;137921 Wrote:
> Thanks Stuart, but that wasn't it. :(

Shame - although I'm sure you're right it does look similar in that the
main server process starts up fine and can do all manner of database
stuff, but the child 'scanner.pl' process doesn't seem to have the same
success.

I'm sure I remember seeing some other forum posts from a week or so ago
that mentioned "transactions not supported" - perhaps they might help.
I've not seen that particular one myself.

Also, you say you're using your own instance now - have you seen a
message soon after launching SlimServer saying that SlimServer isn't
starting its own because you've got your own instance? That should be
the case, but best to check in case there's some confusion and it's
starting one anyway.

Stuart

--
hickinbottoms

-"Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after
- with 'Lazy Searching' (http://hickinbottom.demon.co.uk/lazysearch)!"-