I have a problem with 6.5 (on XP MCE) and MusicIP 1.7. MusicIP mixes work fine on their own and Slimserver works fine for it's normal stuff. I can even send a mixed list from IP to SS. However, when I try to mix through the SlimServer web interface, Slim reports that the library is still scanning (no mix). I don't get the "still scanning" message when I, say, list artists.

I have tried a full library rescan but no change.

It looks like some problem in this area, no?

Russell.

Michael Herger wrote:
i installed 1.7 of Music IP yesterday, analyzed a few new albums, closed it, cleared the Slimserver cache and set it to rescan. Slimserver now won't start - i've tried reinstalling it but the problem is the same - slimserver
shows as 'starting' in the system tray but doesnt get any further.

I can't imagine a problem with the two - I've been running MIP 1.7 and SlimServer 6.5 quite happily on my XP laptop. Have you tried running slimserver _without_ MIP, from the command line? It should give you some information why it crashes (if it does).

--
Michael