sleep works as you describe for a song that's shorter than 15 minutes.
end of song, 15 minutes, 30, 45, 60, 90 then sleep canceled. If I start
playing a track that is say 22 minutes long I get. sleep in 22 minutes,
30, 45, 60, 90 then sleep canceled. With a track of 65 minutes I get
sleep in 65 minutes, sleep in 90 minutes then sleep canceled.

So it seems like I can't get the Squeezebox to go to sleep after a time
that's shorter than the time remaining on the currently playing song.

Seems like it shouldn't behave like this to me. I'd have thought if you
have say 22 minutes left on the current track, it should go sleep in 15
minutes, sleep at end of song, 30, 45, 60, 90 then sleep canceled. I
think that would make more sense.

--
edc1