gorman;139157 Wrote:
> This is a product suggestion.
>
> Why doesn't Slimdevices create a "deluxe remote" with a color screen,
> jog shuttle, touch screen, something... that would more or less give
> users the same experience you can get through Sonos?
>
> It could work via Wi-Fi connection to Slimserver or IR to Squeezebox or
> Transport (I suggest both, so as to be adaptable to customers'
> configurations).
>
> What do you think?
>
> I'd pay $199 for it. Don't know it's enough to cover costs...

I asked the same question 2 weeks ago. The short answer is a pda is
cheaper and Ben's nokia skin is great. The Nokia770 is a wifi pda that
you can use for much more than just a remote.
They are out of stock or selling above retail in most stores. An ebay
seller still has some new for only 330.00 I bought mine there.

To use the skin go to your web address for your slimserver and after
9000 put in the skin eg.

9000/nokia770. Try this on your computer and you will see how nice the
gui is

--
tomjtx