a) delete the music folder location entirely - leave it blank just "use
musicmagic" - it should be faster anyway
b) make sure that musicmagic reload time (on the musicmagic menu) is
set to ) - no reload. Im pretty sure the reload doesnt work properly
anyway
c) make sure musicmagic is finished processing
d) make sure there are no symbolic links anywhere being accidentally
"picked up" by slimserver includes playlists folder

I cant say all the above is scientific but they are all things I ended
up doing to get my system working properly and all or some of them may
work for you

good luck

finally this sould work within 10-15 minutes tops if you are not seeing
entries by then then i think it will turn out to be some "paths" issue
which others are better qualified than me to explain

--
gandt