kremersl;139191 Wrote:
> It seems each track has a 'hardcoded' path  in the m3u list (for example
> D:\bla\bla). As these points to a previous location (d-drive) i had
> selected on my pc (i have since changed the location of the music
> archive to an external harddisk which is f-drive) it makes sense why
> they don't work anymore.
>
> So, as far as i'm concerned no bug in v6.5.
>
> However, now my next question is: how can I make sure when I create
> playlists in slimserver v6.5 that somehow they are not pointing to a
> 'hardcoded' f-drive ? is there an option for that. Because it means
> that every time i decided to change the location of my music archive,
> all my playlists are useless?

Playlist files aren't dynamic.  They are just a set of hard links to
your music. So if you create a playlist file in an application that
sees the file path as F:\, that's how the path will appear in the
playlist.  If you move your music library around the only think I can
suggest is to find and replace the old file path with the new one.  You
can either do this in a text editor or a playlist manager.  I use this
one: http://www.joejaworski.com/m3u/

You just point it at a playlist file and tell it to replace
"F:\Music\Media" with D:\My Music", save the new file and do a Rescan
Playlists only scan in slimserver.

--
Siduhe