Ben Sandee;136224 Wrote:
> On 9/14/06, CatBus <CatBus.2e51db1158259801 (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com>
> wrote:Transcoding at the server is a great workaround for gapless
> playback, and I'm very grateful we have it.  But true client-side
> gapless MP3 playback support would be a very good feature--and not just
> a feature only a few rare cases would take advantage of.
> I realize anyone can hear the gaps -- I certainly can hear them
> (although they are VERY short, almost inaudible).  But I'm also able to
> contain my rage at them and still enjoy my music.  If gapless MP3 were
> added I would certainly use it.  On the other hand, if gapless were
> important to me I wouldn't hesitate to migrate to a format that
> supported it more uniformly,
> rather than waiting for the feature to be added to my player.
> Ben

The gaps are not that short (are we talking microseconds or cloth
ears?) and they are very annoying. Many other players support this and
SlimServer should too. Unfortunately migrating away from SlimServer is
not that easy as nothing else quite does the trick... and perhaps this
is why people are so eager to get their particular problems sorted.
MC

--
ModelCitizen

Why does it always happen to me?

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt