radish;139735 Wrote:
> Don't go criticising open source around here ;)  There's actually a
> couple of WMP plugins for FLAC - illiminable and CoreFLAC.

Open source is fine, when it's an active project.  But dead open source
projects, not so much.  CoreFLAC is at version 0.4, hasn't been updated
in two years, and has open bugs since 2004 (including little things
like not being able to drag the position bar without crashing WMP).
Illiminable is at 0.72, has a changelog that's full of critical issues
("fixed crash problem with x", "fixed crash problem with y", "fixed out
of memory problem with z"), had a year between releases, and then hasn't
had any release in the last seven months.

I know what production quality open source projects look like, and
those aren't it.

--
mkozlows