Thank you for this thread on compilations.  I have followed the
procedure and it works for me as well.  One consequence of this that I
had not anticipated was that tracks for artists in the Various Artists
folder do not appear now under Browse Artists unless I go to Various
Artists under Browse Artists.  And even in that case, the listing is by
album, not artist.  So, I can no longer go to Browse Artist and browse
all songs in my collection by Artist.  Is there a server setting that I
can change that will allow all tracks to show up under each Artist when
in Browse Artists?

--
mdw