emkai;140298 Wrote:
> Thanx for the quick reply!
>
> I bought the box from a UK broadband equipment online shop.
>
> I'm currently not at home, but when looking through the "view current
> settings" section last night it showed firmware version as 48 & the
> wireless connection was fluctuating between 75% & 85%??
>
> Does that make any sense in relation to my problem?
>
> I will happily see if updating the firmware will work, but just thought
> i'd throw these points in too!!!

The current firmware version for SB2/3 is 64 and there have been quite
a number of bug fixes since firmware 48...  I don't know off the top of
my head whether any of them relate to your DG834N, but in any case, this
would definitely be the first thing to address.

Regarding the signal strength, the actual value of the signal strength
doesn't really matter that much in most cases, but if it's bouncing
around wildly that usually means you are experiencing RFI (possibly
from 2.4GHz cordless phones, microwave ovens, or overlapping wireless
networks).  If this is the case, please see this guide:
http://faq.slimdevices.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=2&id=91

Oh, one other thing.  Under view current settings, make sure that the
MAC address shown there matches the one printed on the label on the
bottom of the unit.  If it doesn't, you can press the right arrow on
the remote to change it back to the factory assigned number.

--
kevin

Kevin Pearsall - Slim Devices Technical Support Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - +1.650.210.9400 ext. 3

SB2->Bryston 4B-ST->Von Schweikert VR-2 // SB2->Rotel RSP-1066 &
RMB-1075->B&W DM604S3 & Hsu VTF3mkII