Ramage;141673 Wrote:
> Have u tried without encryption?
>
> I had problems with my netgear DG834G which were solved by switching
> encryption to automatic rather than shared key, after some
> experimentation.
>
> However, if you are connecting to the wireless network (??) then it's
> not a wep encryption issue but more likely a firewall issue on you
> server PC.

I've switched off the windows xp firewall and tried but failed. I've
UNINSTALLED norton also. I've no idea of any other firewall that exists
on my laptop. AVG? I can't find any avg firewall. :(

radish Wrote:

> So just to clarify - you can connect wirelessly to squeezenetwork but
> not to your own server? But you can connect to your server when wired?
> That sounds like the router is somehow blocking LAN access from the
> wireless net, which some routers have an option for but not, afaik,
> yours.
>
> Do you have more than one network card/connector in your server?

1. Yes i can connect to squeezenetwork
2. I can control sq3 when my laptop and sq3 are WIRED to the router
3. More than 1 network card? I'm not sure what this means but I have 2
laptops and a squeezebox connected to the router. I checked this in the
router admin setup. Laptop A is clearly labelled najibwong which is me
and Laptop B is clearly labelled maisy, my gf. And i am trying to
connect to Laptop A.

Thanks for the input!
najib

--