results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28360
Question: Re. my lossless music files:

- I back them all up to another drive
- I don't backup & don't see any point.
- I don't backup because I don't have enough disk space
- I don't backup & hadn't considered a drive failure

All hard drives will fail.  It's just a question of when.  :-)

The only reason you'd ever move the data out of a drive is if you run
out of space and move it to a larger drive.  Until this happens, or if
it never happens, the clock is ticking.

Moving to a larger drive may never happen for me, because my entire CD
collection is on it now and I still have ~100 GB left in my 193 GB
music partition on my 250 GB drive.  I am adding to it very, very
slowly - at this rate it will take 10 years to fill it, by which time
the drive will surely have failed.

--
Mark Lanctot