So I've had the problem over the last month or two that my SB3 would
just stop playing and act like it was on but unresponsive till I off'd
it and turned it back on.  Sometimes had to unplug it and repower it.

But two days ago it really trashed itself, screen went all garbled, and
when I hit off, the screen cleared up and displayed I guess the last
good screen data (not the off screensaver).  Played some more after
off, off, on, back to normal, and in the morning the display was dark.
The unit was working but wouldn't connect to the network to save its
life.

Hooked it up wired and that worked fine, but I did notice in my
wireless router that the mac address of the new DHCP client started
with an ff, which makes no sense.  Was ready to write it off and RMA it
when played with it more and saw that funny MAC address being shown in
the "current settings", now that I was retry wireless.

So added that to my router.  Still no good.  Then realized you could
change it at that same location and changed it back to the right MAC
address.  Now works wireless and all again.

So while it was saying one MAC, and that MAC was what the wired
connection was working with, the false MAC was not working for the
wireless connection.  Thing is, that false MAC was not in my router MAC
filtering, so it should not have been able to connect.  So something
really got trashed.  The fake MAC seems to have to be reset back to the
good MAC to really get the unit back to proper operation.  I'm still
dumbfounded how the router registered the fake MAC in DHCP and allowed
network access even though the fake MAC was not authorized.  Maybe
something between wireless LAN and wired LAN handling in my router.

Anyway, good MAC was 00:04:20:06:3A:EE and the bad MAC was
FF:BB:5F:00:00:83.  And I have no idea why it happened.  Was running
firmware 45 or 48 (whatever goes with 6.2.2) till I upgraded a few
weeks ago to 6.3.x and firmware 55.

Quite frustrating, but this product still rocks.  Just happy it's
working 100% again.

--
smac770