treble;143951 Wrote:
> Maybe I wasn't totally clear.
>
> When I search for Makeba it doesn't show all songs performed by her
> (where she is the artist) on Various Artist albums, like these two:
>
> 4. Pata Pata from Putumayo Presents The Best Of World Music, Vol. 1:
> World Vocal by Miriam Makeba
> 1. Pata Pata 2000 from New World Party by Miriam Makeba
>
> So it seems that normal search only picks up those albums where Makeba
> is the sole artist.  To confirm this when I search for an artist who is
> only present on a Various Artist album, the search doesn't return
> anything.  However, using Advanced Search  does find the song...  I am
> not sure why this should be intended behavior.  Don't you want to find
> 'all' songs by an artist when you search for it?

Interesting, thats not the behaviour I'm seeing.  If I search on Elton
John I get to a list of albums, which includes both the sole-artist
albums and the compilation albums on which he appears.

Which I think is the behaviour you want?

So, which version of slimserver are you using? What settings do you
have for compilation albums?

You might want to try upgrading to 6.5.1 nightly and rescanning as
there have been some changes...

HTH
Ceejay

--