Funny, but I found that upgrading to the latest 6.5.2 nightly reset my
SlimServer account to local (whereas I normally run it under my
administrator acount so it can access network shares). In addition it
seemed to change the service startup to manual (should be automatic).
It sounds like you've done this but it's not completely clear... does
your SlimServer service run under an account that has network
privileges? To test, set it to your administrator account and see if it
will scan your music. Make sure you use the UNC path for server
settings.
MC

--
ModelCitizen

Why does it always happen to me?

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt