Niss;143983 Wrote:
> To hibernate my PC running SlimServer, and save power when no Squeezebox
> is using it, I would like to write a script that checks periodically
> then hibernates the machine if no activity for a set length of time.
> (Running on Linux Fedora Core 5.)
>
> Hibernate from command line works fine using Suspend2, and the
> squeezebox wakes the PC up (Wake on LAN) from hibernate when turned on
> by the remote. But what I am lacking is a way that I can check from a
> bash script whether any player is using the squeezebox -- is there any
> command interface to Slimserver?
>
> Would appreciate any information or advice.

How many Squeezeboxes do you have?  In particular, how much physical
checking would you need to do to ensure that no SB is streaming
anything?

I can appreciate that you may not want to hibernate your machine by
physically going to it - it may be in a different part of the house.

But what I am thinking of is that you can use the Execute Script plugin
to hibernate the computer from a Squeezebox, but I'm not sure if that's
still too incovenient for you.

--
danco