I have had a SB3 for about 2 months now and love it like it were my own
flesh and blood, however it has started providing me with some spurious
data when I look in the Artist or Album or Genre section.  A quick
breakdown of my set-up

All files lossless - FLAC
All files on external HDD
Wireless network - PC to Router to SB3
FLAC files amended by Tag&Rename
All files are open within the folder - unlike iTunes where it provides
separate folders for each artist and album.

When I change tags I always scan and look for new music/files but now
it[slim server] has been dropping filenames and even including data
which has either not been on the file before, i.e. David Bowie - Let's
Dance reads as Buddha Bar - Let's Dance or details that have been on
the file previous to my change in Tag&Rename are still current.

But when I look in the 'Music Folders' link on slim it shows the
correct name and amendment...

This is a long thread and possibly confusing so I shall stop it here,
suffice to say there is more but can anyone help?  More info provided
if needed.

--
shanklee