Brooks,

First, I want to say thanks for maintaining the freebsd port.  I installed
6.3.1 without a hitch.  I am having problems with my upgrade to 6.5.  I
deinstalled 6.3.1 (/usr/ports/audio/slimserver make deinstall).  I
deinstalled mysql (same, make deinstall).  I have wiped the
/usr/local/slimserver and /var/db/slimserver directories.  I ran portupgrade
-r perl.  Next I make install clean slimserver.  I get the following error:

compslim# /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl
061011  5:17:31 [ERROR] Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the
manual to find out how to run mysqld as root!

061011  5:17:31 [ERROR] Aborting

061011  5:17:31 [Note] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

2006-10-11 05:18:01.1972 ERROR: MySQLHelper: createSystemTables() Couldn't
connect to database: [Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/db/slimserver/cache/slimserver-mysql.sock' (2)]

Any suggestions on what I need to do here?

Thanks again for maintaining this port!

T. J.