I've had similar problems in the past. Here's what I did to resolve:
Go into Slimserver's "Server|Plugins" and disable "musicmagic"
Then actually shut down the MusicIP Mixer program
Re-start MusicIP Mixer with the following command
..../musicmagicmixer.exe -slim
Note: The "-slim" will make slimserver the default program for sent
mixes within MusicIP Mixer . As a double check go into MusicIP Mixer
"Options" to make sure this is true, plus check to see if the MusicIP
Server & API Services are enabled.

Then start slimserver. Go to "server|plugins" to enable "musicmagic"
Then doublecheck that MusicIP Mixer is enabled by going into "server
settings" and make sure that "Use Musicmagic" is enabled/checked.

You should be good to go after this ( at least that is what has worked
for me in the past)

Good Luck

--
pc4ever1