I am pleased to announce that Logitech is acquiring Slim Devices, and I
am glad to have the opportunity to share the news here in our forum
before the official press release goes out.

We have been building a relationship with Logitech for quite some time.
As we got to know their executive team, it became clear that there was a
compelling opportunity for us to work together to bring Slim Devices’
products to the mainstream market. As you may know, Logitech recently
launched the Wireless DJ music system, and also produces Harmony remote
controls, which many of our customers already use with their
Squeezeboxes.

This is an opportunity for us to introduce Squeezebox and Transporter
more quickly to a lot more people. Slim Devices will benefit from
Logitech’s brand, their retail channel, their expertise in developing
quality hardware, and their existing portfolio of complementary
products such as speakers and remotes. Logitech believes this will be a
fast growing segment of their business, and we are looking forward to
making that happen.

One of the most exciting things about this opportunity is Logitech’s
enthusiasm for our open development model, and the way we collaborate
as a community to improve our products. We plan to expand this model as
we continue to develop great new software and hardware. SlimServer will
continue to be available free of change under the GPL, and we will
participate in these forums in much the same way.

All of our employees have accepted new employment offers, and we will
remain in our Mountain View location. Dean, Patrick and I expect to
stay for the foreseeable future.

I’ll be here on the forums if you have any questions, and as always,
welcome your feedback and ideas.

Best regards,

Sean

--