Final post of the night.

6.3.1 has the same problem with the multiple directories. Half of my
albums disappear under "Web" with the artist being MP3's.

It must be something to do with the tagging not being picked up as the
other half are OK but can't for the life of me figure out what.

Anyway on the plus side 6.0.2 works fine. I did the following:

Stopped service, removed slimserver from the add/remove (control
panel). Deleted the directory C:\program files\slimserve.

Then did a full install of 6.0.2 set my directory up to scan:
H:\web\mp3's and bingo all present and correct.

As I mentioned before it is probably some rogue tagging that is in some
of my MP3's though I have been through with iTunes to remove everything
other than album, artist, track name, track number, genre and album art
so heavens knows which bit is the problem.

Also I converted all tracks to 2.4.

Finally I removed, gapless, album artist infomation, part of
compilation tags again using iTunes.

Now I can listen to my music again, when 6.5.1 works the same way as
6.0.2 I will upgrade, until then at least everything that I need is
working.

Would be glad to hear from anyone with other resolutions or the same
issue.

--
cmaskelyne