Well my thoughts have changed from when this thread was first started.
My first reaction was "oh no!"  (In fact I said that out loud.)

But yes, we should give this some time before jumping to conclusions.
There are hopeful indications - Logitech's last acquisition was of
Harmony, and Harmony remotes are overwhelmingly recommended:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28639

Harmony still seems to be putting out good products and retaining their
independence.  And I saw one in a Staples (Office Depot) the other day!

My concerns are as others have stated:

- I hope hardware quality doesn't decline as components are selected
for cost rather than performance.

- I hope the open-source aspect is retained.  We have seen promises
that this will be so.

- While things could be made more consumer-friendly, I hope that it
doesn't get too dumbed-down.

- I hope that Logitech realizes what brought Slim to where it is today,
namely community involvement.

- I hope that Slim Devices, a division of Logitech, still cares for
their customers.  I'm not only talking in terms of support, I'm also
talking about respecting our freedoms to use whatever OS we please, to
customize SlimServer as we see fit, to meet our needs in terms of audio
formats supported, etc.  It seemed that Slim Devices bent over backwards
for its users.  This would be a terrible thing to lose.  Many companies'
software forces the user to adapt to their way of doing things, and if
you don't like it, tough!  SlimServer instead tries to be as
accommodating as possible to the idiosynchracies of the user.  Sure, it
isn't perfect, but what is?

Let's give it time.  Hopefully this thread can be retained so we can
hold Junien and Sean Adams to their promises.  :-)

--
Mark Lanctot