On 21-Oct-06, at 1:17 AM, mphearn wrote:

I have been using 6.5.0 for a couple of weeks but have been getting
increasingly frustrated with some of the changes. I have now reverted
to 6.3.0 and am happy again. My main experiences with 6.5.0 are as
follows:

1. Random Mix does not work. No names on genres (only numbers)
fixed in more recent nightly builds, but also fixable given procedures already noted in the forum. Delete all folders in Plugins/RandomPlay/HTML, except for EN. This is an upgrade problem moving from 6.3 to 6.5. It is also solved by completely uninstalling 6.3, and deleting remanants, then installing 6.5.0. An install of 6.5.1 nightly builds will clear this up for you automatically (http://slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.5/)

2. No browse available for Album Art
Also noted in prior posts on the forum, AND in the release notes. This is now located in Browse Albums, with an icon in the top right for "gallery view". This allows cover art viewing for ALL album lists, instead of just a top level. A cookie is used to store this pref. Try it, you'll like it.

3. Album Art image size is small and not centralised. Much bigger
centralised images with 6.3.0.

yup. It was a requested change for "reasonable size". I'd point out the bug report, but I'm too annoyed by the unending bitching from both sides to waste time looking it up again. I'll let the requester speak up if he feels so inclined.

-kdf