After stripping out the ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST tags with MP3Tag, I
noticed that I had another artist field in mp3 only tags called BAND.  I
removed that as well.  Then I tried it again, and it was a little
better, but still several hundred artists are gone (800 about).  I then
looked at my compliation albums that I ripped in FLAC, and there was
another field, called ENSEMBLE, with Various Artists in it.  I removed
this as well from all files.  I rescanned again, and it was better, but
I still was missing 600 artists.  I gave up, reinstalled 6.3 and
rescanned again.  Now, I have a bunch of albums that are cut up.  All
are various artists albums, and I could not figure out what the heck is
wrong with them.  I restored the old, unedited files that worked fine,
and rescanned.  Same problem.  All my compilation albums messed up.  I
would have three albums with the same name, with 4 or 5 tracks in each
one.  All the tracks and artists were there, but I suddenly had 70 more
albums.
I was baffled, so I decided to remove all my playlists and rescan
again.  Once the playlists were removed, my libary returned to normal.
I then put the playlists back in the correct folder, and had SS just
scan the playlists.  Everything was fine.
Sorry about the long story, but I am getting to the point....
Finally, I reinstalled 6.5.1, removed the playlists again, and scanned.
MY LIBARY DATABASE IS CORRECT!!
But...when I click on the artist "Various Artist" it shows all my
albums (not just the compilations).
4. I click on any album, the contents are blank
5. Click on "various artists" in the path above (Home/artists/various
artists/...)
6. I get all my compliations.  And they are browsable.

--
broth420