I have been planning to purchase a Transporter and a few powered Genelec
speakers for a few days but the news of Logitech has temporarily halted
my decision process. Just like many others, I too, own quite a few
Logitech products and I am perfectly happy with them. But in my eyes
they play in a different league imagewise.

In addition to upgrading my home system, I am trying to convince my
brother in law who is a long term audiophile that there are new ways of
producing truly fantastic sound. First impressions are important and if
that first thought in his mind is a keyboard and mouse manufacturer
(which is how Logitech is perceived here) I fear that the battle is
half lost from the beginning.

I seriously hope that the Logitech will NOT rebrand the Transporter
into a standard Logitech product. For the time being my problem is that
the Transporter is out of stock at all distributors here in Sweden. I
don't want to place an order now and later receive a Logitech branded
device - even if they will of course produce the same sound. The risk
of getting such a device is currently stopping me from placing an
order.

--
bergek