I've got slimserver 6.5 running on WinXp
(SlimServer Version: 6.5.0 - 9916 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252)

There are a number of .m4a ACC tracks in my library.  The slimserver
interface sees the files, and will put them into the current playlist,
but will not play them.

I've played the same files through winamp, and they play fine, so the
files are ok, and quicktime is installed ok.

But if I attempt to play them through the squeezebox (or through winamp
playing the slimserver's stream on the Xp machine) the file does not
play.   (the music player pane display stays on "Stop",  clicking on
"Play" has no effect)

In the server settings/file types pane,  the first two Apple AAC,
Lossless or Movie file checkboxes are selected (stream = AIFF, FLAC)
the third is not (stream = MP3)

>From everything I've found on the forum and FAQs - I expected the ACC
files to just play.   What do I need to do to configure the slimserver
to play these .m4a files?

--
cfraenkel