Michael Herger;151660 Wrote:
> > Let me know if anyone gets that working.  I haven't yet tried the 5.0
> > version of the ODBC connector, but with 3.51 had a lot of problems
> > reading the BLOB columns that SlimServer uses extensively to store
> > text.
>
> You're right. Seems harder than I thought :-( 5.0 doesn't work for me
>
> neither.

I think tonight I'll try 5.0 and see if changing the BLOB columns to
TEXT has any affect on what I can do through the ODBC connector.  Also,
I'd be curious if SlimServer would still work with this change.  From
what I'm reading in the MySQL docs, there's very little difference
between the two datatypes.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html

-BLOB columns are treated as binary strings (byte strings). TEXT
columns are treated as non-binary strings (character strings). BLOB
columns have no character set, and sorting and comparison are based on
the numeric values of the bytes in column values. TEXT columns have a
character set, and values are sorted and compared based on the
collation of the character set.-

--
JJZolx

Jim