radish;151985 Wrote:
> There is a bug in 6.5.0 which prevents the Artist being displayed in the
> formatted title string in Now Playing if the track has Album Artist and
> Track Artist set but Compilation is not set. My guess is that you're
> seeing another effect of the same bug. It's supposed to be fixed in
> 6.5.1 but I haven't tested it personally.
OK, thanks. I thought I was going mad! I can live with it for a while,
and will wait until 6.5.1 is officially released.

My files just have the generic ARTIST tag, so I'm guessing that "album
artist" and "track artist" are some sort of Slimserver thing, which it
builds when scanning: is that so? (I never use "compilation" tags, even
on various artist albums).

--
cliveb

Performers -> dozens of mixers and effects -> clipped/hypercompressed
mastering -> you think a few extra ps of jitter matters?