Got it working - it seems that the hex codes in the .ir file all start
with 7689. The last 4 hex digits always add up to FF, eg:

76899867 - 98+67=FF
7689f00f - f0+0f=FF
768908f7 - 08+f7=FF

So, with that in mind I set up 3 new entries in the .ir file:

skip                                    = 7689c43b
thumbs_up                               = 768924db
thumbs_down                             = 7689a45b

with 3b, db, 5b corresponding to the codes programmed into my universal
remote.

And in the custom.map file I added the entry:

# LastFM skp/love/ban
skip        = modefunction_PLUGIN.LastFM::Plugin->lastfm_skip
thumbs_up   = modefunction_PLUGIN.LastFM::Plugin->lastfm_love
thumbs_down = modefunction_PLUGIN.LastFM::Plugin->lastfm_ban

And it works - I can now use those TiVo buttons for LastFM.

--
mortod