Warren;152221 Wrote:
> True that you can't copy recordings to PC, but you can archive to DVD if
> required......
>
> Personally if I like something enough to want to copy to DVD then (as
> long as it's available) I'll just buy the DVD!
>
> Of course SKY+ records the raw MPEG stream straight from the satellite
> feed so what you see is identical to the original broadcast, just like
> FLAC via your Squeezebox...........

Copying to a PC is handy when you just want to lend a recording to a
friend. True you could just use a DVD recorder, but a PC provides much
better editing facilities.

As someone has already said, the Toppy also records the digital
stream.

The other MAJOR advantage over $ky+ is the ability to extend the
functionality of the Toppy by running custom software applications on
it. This has resulted in a sizeable community of software developers
dedicated to improving the box. A couple of them impressed Topfield so
much they are now employed directly!

--
dSw